Saturday, July 29, 2006

Across the Tasman

I just got back from a week visiting lots of school groups in Melbourne.
Thanks to everyone in all the different classes I met at:
~ Anderson's Creek
~ Warrandyte
~ Donburn
~ Ringwood Heights
And my old school, Antonio Park, which is rather larger now than it was when I started there in 1965!
They have hens and sheep and all sorts of wonderful things there now. Even a library. When I was there we just kept the books in a cupboard off the corridor.
I had a great time, too, at the Eltham Bookshop's Chatterbooks Club at Eltham Library. What a beautiful building it is. It's a concentric, circular shape, built of mudbrick, and includes a gallery and cafe.
I suppose there were about thirty young readers there on Sunday afternoon, and some had dressed as pirates especially. All great fun.
Thanks to everyone who came to listen to me read, and who asked some great questions.
If you still have more questions, you can click on the "Comments" link below and type it in, and I'll try to answer it for you.
There are already some Questions & Answers on the Swashbuckler website.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how long did your book take to write?

6:41 pm  
Blogger Kelly Gardiner said...

There are three books in the Swashbuckler series, and it took me about three years to write all of them.
But the first one probably took longer than the others, because I had to do an awful lot of historical research and planning during that first phase.

6:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home